Welcome! We are glad you have found your way to our page for beginners, and hope that we are able to help introduce you to this game that we enjoy so much.
Pickleball is a fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong. It can be played indoors or outdoors on a badminton-sized court and uses a slightly modified tennis net. Players use a paddle and a plastic ball with holes. Doubles is the most commonly played game as Pickleball is very social, but you can play singles as well. The sport can be enjoyed by all ages and skill levels.
locations with beginner sessions
There are several locations that hold regular playtimes for beginners where experienced players are available to show people new to the sport how to get started. Current list:
- Abiding Harvest United Methodist: 10:00 – 12:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, drills begin at 9:00
- Jenks Community Education offers beginner classes, Fall 2021 class if full, keep checking at their website for future classes
- Lafortune Tennis Center: beginner classes on weekends, call for info
- Life Senior Services/Southminster Presbyterian: Every Wednesday 8:30 – 10:00 AM for ages 50+
- Whiteside Recreation Center: Holds a beginners class/league several times per year, contact for details
- You can also go to any public park, Haikey Creek and Heller are the most heavily used in the Tulsa area. There are no scheduled play times at public parks.
- Check out our “Where to Play” page for more locations, or download the Places2Play mobile app
what is pickleball?
Our national association USA Pickleball has a great introductory page designed for pickleball beginners including history, rules and much more. You can watch the intro video below.